ADTRAN NetVanta 834
Four-Port, SHDSL EFM Ethernet NTU
Our Price: $1,607.00
Four/eight-Port, SHDSL EFM Ethernet NTU
The NetVanta 834/838 is a Carrier Ethernet Network Termination Unit (NTU) that terminates up to four/eight e.SHDSL copper pairs. Four 10/100 Ethernet ports are provided for customer use. The NetVanta 834/838 are designed for cost-effective deployment of voice and data services to small- and medium-sized businesses, supporting bandwidth indoors of up to 60/120. However, typical deployments using outside plant copper for extended distances will be closer to 8/16 Mbps (2 Mbps per loop) service offering. The NetVanta 834/838 are designed for LAN, WAN and MetroEthernet extension as well as supporting Voice over IP (VoIP) applications with voice, video and data traffic. Enterprise customers, as well as integrated communications providers like CLECs, ILECs and ISPs, will benefit from this intuitive, easy to install, plug-and-play unit. A key feature of this unit is auto line detection, which enables synchronization with data rates from 192 Kbps to 15 Mbps without operator intervention.
In the event that a single loop fails, the NetVanta 834/838 will continue to operate on the remaining loop, providing additional resiliency. Once the failed loop is operational again, the NetVanta 834/838 will automatically detect its availability and will auto-recover to the original configuration.
The EIA-232 craft port enables local access for configuration and status information. The SHDSL Ethernet over Copper provides carriers a management channel to remotely configure and collect status information.
The compact design provides safety and reliability required for customer premises installations. It can be wall or rack mounted depending on customer preference. When wall mounted, the NetVanta 834/838 only occupies a ten-inch by 17-inch area of the customer's telephone wiring closet. For rack mount installations, custom 19-inch rackmount shelves are available.
- Supports Carrier Ethernet services over Copper
- MEF 9/14 certified supporting standard Ethernet OAM
- Enhanced SHDSL data rate performance up to 15 Mbps per loop (60/120 Mbps symmetrical total)
- Auto-failover and recovery for improved service robustness
- Symmetrical data transfer rates for upstream/downstream VLAN Management
- Plug-and-play auto line detection for easy installation
- Autosensing 10/100Base-T Ethernet
- Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) 1000Base-X Ethernet
- Spectral compatibility for robust operation alongside other DSL services
- Supports Terminal and Facility MAC-Swap Loopback to validate service turn up and trouble-shooting
- Firmware upgrades through the LTU
- DC power supply
- Deskmount or rackmount options
|NetVanta 834 Specifications|
|Network Interface||RJ-21 e.SHDSL|
|Gigabit Ethernet Interface||
|Management: Console Port||
|Fault and Performance Management||
|Management and Administration||
|Ethernet Services Support||
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +149F (-40 C to +65C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to +185F (-40C to +85 C)|
|Relative Humidity||Up to 95%, Non-condensing|
|Dimensions||1.75 in. x 17.2 in. x 10 in. (H x W x D) (44 mm x 437 mm x 254 mm)|
|Weight||8 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|DC Power||-48 VDC or +/-24 VDC (A or B power feed)|
|Power Dissipation||17.5 watts maximum|
|Regulatory Agency Approvals||
Download the ADTRAN NetVanta 834 and 838 Datasheet (PDF).
Our Price: $1,607.00
Our Price: $112.00